Sunday, January 19, 2014

M2C--Why I Joined

I have been on my weight loss journey for  about year now.  I am happy to say that I have lost 25+ pounds.  I am 53 years old and I am doing things physically that I thought I would never be able to do.  But something is missing...a closer relationship with Jesus Christ.  I can do nothing without Him.  As I continue this journey of healthy living...my relationship with Christ is critical.  I want to decrease my cravings for unhealthy foods and increase my desire for Christ...because I was made to crave Him.  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for hopping with us Angela. I think from our sermon this morning I learned what was missing was living the Word. I love the word, I learn the Word but I don't live it when it comes to food. Enjoyed reading this. Glad you are here on this journey with us. Debbie W. (OBS Facebook Group leader/Team Leader/Blog Hop Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Angela, as I read your blog I am thinking she is describing my journey of healthy living. Thank you for sharing. We can do nothing apart from Christ. So glad that you will be joining the Made To Crave Study with us.
    Natalie ( Proverbs 31 OBS Blog Hop Team)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. I'm right there with you. Today as I recognized my cravings for food, televisions, distractions...I realized how that junk had been filling up my life! I was able, with the Lord's help to choose healthy food instead of the junk...to not overeat because I was bored. But, I have to say I was kind of depressed this afternoon! And, it was because food hadn't filled up my emptiness today. I did have a good long talk with the Lord, but I have a ways to go! So, glad we're all in this together. Be blessed!!

    ReplyDelete